Andrew Dowie is proud to serve Tecumseh as Ward 1 Councillor, and was first elected in October 2014. He is a licensed Professional Engineer specializing in the planning and construction of environmental and transportation infrastructure.
Andrew attended Université d'Ottawa and completed French-language degrees in Civil Engineering and Computing Technology. His continuing studies have included the Leadership Windsor-Essex program accredited by the University of Windsor, the Municipal Politics course from St. Clair College, Crime Prevention through Environmental Design from the Windsor Police Service, and Management from the Schulich School of Business (York University).
Andrew was the first recipient of the G. Gordon M. Sterling Engineering Intern Award from Ontario’s professional engineering regulator, and served on the regulator’s Government Liaison Committee.
Andrew continues to serve as a leader with the 35th Tecumseh Legion Scout Group and has been a member since 1988.
|Ward 1 Councillor – Andrew Dowie|
- Chair - Professional Engineers Ontario, Windsor-Essex Chapter
- 35th Tecumseh Legion Scout Group
- Leadership Windsor-Essex Alumni Committee
- Past Member - Detroit River Canadian Cleanup
- Past Member - Rotary Windsor-Walkerville
- Past Member - Senate (Elected), Université d'Ottawa
- Regional Delegate - Youth Summit on Sustainable Urban Transportation
- Town of Tecumseh Committee of Adjustment
- Town of Tecumseh Property Standards Committee
- Essex County Library Board
Important Issues for 20114-2018
- Further developing Council’s customer service tools to ensure the best possible resident engagement.
- Ensuring that Council achieves the best possible value in services delivered.
- Completing the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan and implementing enhancements to our core public infrastructure.