Municipal Election - Monday, October 22, 2018
Nomination Period: commences on May 1, 2018 at the Clerk's Office during regular office hours.
Nomination Day: Friday, July 27, 2018 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Clerk's Department.
The Term of Office will be December 1, 2018 to November 14, 2022.
Election Campaign Period: begins on the day a nomination for office is filed and ends on December 31. A contribution SHALL NOT be made to or accepted by or on behalf of a person unless he or she is a candidate.
Offices to be Elected
- Deputy Mayor
- Greater Essex County District School Board
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board
Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
|Position||Number to be Elected|
|Mayor||- one to be elected at large|
|Deputy Mayor||- one to be elected at large|
- one to be elected - Ward 1, Ward 2, Ward 3, Ward 4 and Ward 5
- a resident of the Town of Tecumseh, or an owner or tenant of the land in the Town, or the spouse of such an owner or tenant;
- a Canadian citizen;
- at least 18 years old; and
- not prohibited from voting by law.
- any person who is not qualified;
- a person who is serving a sentence or imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution;
- a corporation;
- a person acting as executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity;
a person who has been convicted of corrupt practices under theMunicipal Elections Act , 1996 if voting day in the current election is less than five years after voting day in the election in respect of which he or she was convicted; and
- anyone who is prohibited by law from voting.
The only methods of voting will be Internet and Telephone.
Eligible Voters: You may vote anytime between 8:00 a.m. on Friday, October 12, 2018 and 8:00 p.m. on Monday, October 22, 2018.
For further information, see Telephone / Internet Voting Election Policies and Procedures for the 2018 Ontario Municipal Elections and Common Voter Questions and Answers for eVoting.