Putting in fence posts? Planting a tree? Excavating for a pool, deck, or a new addition? Remember, what you can’t see can hurt you. Digging into your underground services can have a number of serious consequences:
• You can cause death or serious injury to yourself or others
• You can damage equipment, leading to expensive restoration costs
• You can knock out essential services for you and those around you
The Town of Tecumseh is now a member of the Ontario One Call for notifications of any excavation works within the Town of Tecumseh’s municipal boundaries.
- helps to protect public and worker safety throughout the province;
- provides a single point of contact to obtain locates for all excavators;
- reduces plant damages by ensuring that the Town is notified of any and all excavating activity;
- provides service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
- aligns with industry damage prevention measure through a true “one call” center; and it
- provides electronic confirmations of locate requests to keep documents organized and reduce paper usage.