The Information & Technology Services (IS) Department is mandated to play a leadership role in enabling the effective use of information and technology in all departments of the Town, so that the established department business objectives and corporate strategic objectives are realized. A key success factor in helping the IS department with its mandate is building collaborative partnerships with the Town departments (our clients).
The IT department staff are driven by the highest professional standards and guided by the following principles:
- We are committed to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our internal clients;
- To follow-through on our commitment, we will partner with our clients to help them achieve and sustain business objectives through delivery and support of technology-based business solutions;
- The resulting outcome of such achievements will be the continual growth of our organization as a knowledge and best-practices driven service provider to our residents and businesses.
Business Solutions - focus on identifying opportunities for delivery and deployment of new business solutions for all Town departments. Specific responsibilities of this unit include:
- Business Needs Analysis
- Definition of Requirements
- Acquisition / Deployment
- Project Management & Quality Control
- Support & Maintenance
Technical Services - focus on maintaining a reliable, secure, scalable and cost-effective corporate computing and telecommunications infrastructure. Specific responsibilities of this unit include:
- Computing & Telecommunications Infrastructure Planning / Design
- Capacity Planning
- Systems Administration
- Performance Monitoring & Fine-tuning
- Data Management
- Assets Co-ordination
Client Services - focus on providing support and assistance to clients in the use of corporate computer and telephone facilities. Specific responsibilities of this unit include:
- HelpDesk Support
- Desktop (PC’s) Support
- Rollout & Logistics
- Troubleshooting & Diagnosis
Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.) - focus on providing support and assistance to clients in use of G.I.S. mapping.
The Town of Tecumsehs' Geographic Information System (G.I.S) integrates computer hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced municipal information. Some examples of Municipal Information which is managed by GIS are:
- Storm and Sanitary Sewers
- Fire Hydrants and Valves
- Property Parcel Fabric
- Zoning Information
- Parks Information
- Landmarks (Schools, Places of Worship)
- Aerial Photography
The GIS System allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, reports and charts which helps answer questions and solve problems by looking at data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared.
For further information, contact the Information Services Department, located at the Municipal Offices, 917 Lesperance Road, Tecumseh, Ont. Tel. 519 735-2184 ext. 108 Fax # 519 735-6712.